Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionEssentials of Athletic Injury Management provides the information you need to manage the care of athletic injuries-from prevention, identification and assessment of injuries to interaction with players, parents and physicians. Designed for those beginning careers in coaching, physical education and the fitness profession, this text prepares students to manage injury and emergency situations when an athletic trainer or physician is t available. Action plans, checklists and applications of universal precautions in athletic environments are included to provide the practical tools needed to get started in the field.
- Author BiographyDr. William Prentice is Professor of Exercise and Sport Science and Coordinator of the Sports Medicine Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he also serves as the Director of the NATA approved Graduate Athletic Training Education Program. He received his BS and MS from the University of Delaware and his Ph.D. in Sports Medicine and Applied Physiology from the University of Virginia. He also has a BS in Physical Therapy from the University of North Carolina. He is a Certified Member of the National Athletic Trainers' Association and has received the Sayers A. Bud Miller Distinguished Athletic Trainer Educator Award and the Most Distinguished Athletic Trainer Award from the NATA. In 2004 he was inducted into the NATA Hall of Fame. Dr. Prentice served as the Athletic Trainer for the Women's Soccer Program, which has won eighteen NCAA National Championships. He teaches graduate courses in sports medicine and athletic training. Dr. Prentice is the author of nine best-selling texts in athletic training, sports medicine, and health-related fitness.
- Author(s)Daniel D. Arnheim,William E. Prentice
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectSports Studies & PE: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight886 g
- Width215 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement9th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.