All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionGuide and organize the evolution of your clinical laboratory students from beginners into effective professionals by giving them this invaluable resource, Essentials of Clinical Laboratory Science. This resource fosters critical thinking beyond just the basic procedures, creating a thorough awareness of the clinical laboratory responsibilities that students will have to themselves, to their patients, and to the facilities where they work. Coverage includes the organization of health care facilities, the laws and regulations that govern them, and common tasks and responsibilities for the numerous professional categories that comprise the health care industry. Safety for the laboratory employee, the patients, and the visitors are explained in detail. With an emphasis on efficiency, accuracy, and professionalism, this book serves up the essential ingredients for a holistic approach to laboratory science that augments the diagnosis and treatment of all patients.
- Author BiographyDr. John W. Ridley has a wealth of experience in the medical field, in a variety of positions, both civilian and military. He began his career as a patient care technician before going to serve during the Vietnam conflict as a combat medic. He then worked as a trainer for combat medics, until he received an appointment to the laboratory training program at Brooke Army Medical Center, Ft. Sam, Houston, TX. He served three years of active duty as a medical laboratory technician and then pursued his BS degree in Zoology and his Master's of Education degree, both from the University of Georgia. During this time, his work experience included positions as a laboratory technician and later a technologist, then a clinical laboratory manager and as an officer in several US Army Reserve Combat Support Hospitals, rising to the rank of Colonel. Dr. Ridley completed a Ph.D. in Health and Human Services shortly after completing a tour of duty in Desert Shield/Desert Storm. He then completed his education as a registered nurse, which allowed him to incorporate the critical clinical perspective into his role as an educator, which began in 1992, and continues today. Dr. Ridley is currently the Director of Medical Laboratory Technology at West Central Technical College in Waco, Georgia.
- Author(s)John Ridley
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/06/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight872 g
- Width203 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.