All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $43.60Trending at AU $86.60
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis fifth edition of a classic text is appropriate for a one semester general course in Applied Statistics or as a reference book for practicing researchers in a wide variety of disciplines, including medicine, health and human services, natural and social sciences, law, and engineering. This practical book describes the Bayesian principles necessary for applied clinical research and strategic interaction, which are frequently omitted in other texts. After a comprehensive treatment of probability theory concepts, theorems, and some basic proofs, this concisely written text illustrates sampling distributions and their importance in estimation for the purpose of statistical inference. The book then shifts its focus to the essentials associated with confidence intervals and hypothesis testing for major population parameters; namely, the population mean, population variance, and population proportion. In addition, it thoroughly describes the properties of expectations and variance, the basics of correlation and simple linear regression, as well as n-parametric statistics.
- Author BiographyMalcolm O. Asadoorian III, Ph.D, is Associate Professor of Economics at Lynn University and a Research Affiliate at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change. Demetri Kantarelis, Ph.D., is Professor of Economics at Assumption College.
- Author(s)Demetri Kantarelis,Malcolm O. Asadoorian
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication17/12/2008
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight454 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.