All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing...Essentials of Investments, 9th Global Edition, by Zvi Bodie, Alex Kane and Alan J. Marcus. We are pleased to present this Global Edition, which has been developed specifically to meet the needs of international Investment students. A market leader in the field, this text emphasizes asset allocation while presenting the practical applications of investment theory without unnecessary mathematical detail. The ninth edition includes new coverage on the roots and fallout from the recent financial crisis and provides increased content on the changes in market structure and trading techlogy. Enhancements to this new Global Edition include: new 'On the market front' boxes highlight important investment concepts in real world situations across the globe, to promote student thinking without taking a full case study approach. Topics include short-selling in Europe & Asia, credit default swaps and the debt crisis in Greece and include examples from Commerzbank, JP Morgan, Facebook, Coca-Cola, Santander, The European Energy Exchange, plus many more!; and revised worked examples illustrate problems using both real and fictional scenarios from across the world to help students develop their problem solving skills. Regional examples include Hutchinson Whampoa (Asia), The Emirates Group (The Middle East) and KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (The Netherlands). Includes: revised end-of chapter material includes brand new global questions and global internet exercises that feature currencies, companies and scenarios from Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia to increase engagement for international students; and Global Edition of Connect Plus Finance, McGraw-Hill's web-based assignment and assessment platform with eBook access, helps students learn faster, study more efficiently, and retain more kwledge. This Global Edition has been adapted to meet the needs of courses outside of the United States and does t align with the instructor and student resources available with the US edition.
- Author BiographyProfessor of finance and economics at Boston University School of Management. He holds a Ph.D. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and has served on the finance faculty at Harvard Business School and MIT's Sloan School of Management. Professor Bodie has published widely on pension finance and investment strategy in leading professional journals. His books include Worry-Free Investing: A safe Approach to Achieving your Lifetime Financial Goals and Foundations of Pension Finance. Professor Bodie is managing director of Integrated Finance Limited, a specialized investment bank and financial engineering company. He is also a member of the Advisory Board of the Pension Research Council. Professor of finance and economics at the Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies at the University of California, San Diego. He has been visiting professor at the Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo; Graduate School of Business, Harvard; Kennedy School of Government, Harvard; and research associate, National Bureau of Economic Research. An author of many articles in finance and management journals, Professor Kane's research is mainly in corporate finance, portfolio management, and capital markets, most recently in the measurement of market volatility and pricing of options. Professor of Finance in the Wallace E. Carroll School of Management at Boston College. His main research interests are in derivatives and securities markets. He is co-author (with Zvi Bodie and Alex Kane) of the texts Investments and Essentials of Investments. Professor Marcus has served as a research fellow at the National Bureau of Economic Research. Professor Marcus also spent two years at Freddie Mac, where he helped to develop mortgage pricing and credit risk models. He currently serves on the Research Foundation Advisory Board of the CFA Institute.
- Author(s)Alan J. Marcus,Alex Kane,Zvi Bodie
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight3 g
- Width86 mm
- Height109 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition StatementGlobal ed of 9th revised ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.