All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA practical application-based guide to adult mechanical ventilation This trusted guide is written from the perspective of authors who have more than seventy-five years' experience as clinicians, educators, researchers, and authors. Featuring chapters that are concise, focused, and practical, this book is unique. Unlike other references on the topic, this resource is about mechanical ventilation rather than mechanical ventilators. It is written to provide a solid understanding of the general principles and essential foundational kwledge of mechanical ventilation as required by respiratory therapists and critical care physicians. To make it clinically relevant, Essentials of Mechanical Ventilation includes disease-specific chapters related to mechanical ventilation in these conditions. Essentials of Mechanical Ventilation is divided into four parts: Part One, Principles of Mechanical Ventilation describes basic principles of mechanical ventilation and then continues with issues such as indications for mechanical ventilation, appropriate physiologic goals, and ventilator liberation. Part Two, Ventilator Management, gives practical advice for ventilating patients with a variety of diseases. Part Three, Monitoring During Mechanical Ventilation, discusses blood gases, hemodynamics, mechanics, and waveforms. Part Four, Topics in Mechanical Ventilation, covers issues such as airway management, aerosol delivery, and extracorporeal life support. Essentials of Mechanical Ventilation is a true must read for all clinicians caring for mechanically ventilated patients.
- Author BiographyDean R. Hess, PhD, RRT (Boston, MA) is Assistant Professor of Anesthesia at Harvard Medical School, and Assistant Director of Respiratory Care Services at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston. Robert M. Kacmarek, PhD, RRT (Boston, MA) is Professor of Anesthesia at Harvard Medical School and Director of Respiratory Care Services at Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston.
- Author(s)Dean R. Hess,Robert M. Kacmarek
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Medical
- Content Notecolour tables, figures
- Weight616 g
- Width185 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.