All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $36.05
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its 7th Edition, ESSENTIALS OF PHARMACOLOGY FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONS is the best-selling resource for those preparing for licensed practical nursing, medical assisting, and other allied health careers. Clear, concise writing focused on need to kw drug information gives readers the confidence to master pharmacology. Learn calculations quickly through a simplified step-by-step process. Part I chapters center on basic pharmacologic principles. Medication preparation, supplies, and specific information on each route of administration is covered. Administration checklists allow the learner to put the kwledge into practice. . Part II chapters organize drugs by classifications, and includes purpose, side effects, cautions, interactions, and contraindications. Patient education is highlighted for each category. Reference tables with each classification list the most commonly prescribed drugs according to generic and trade names, with dosage and available forms. The complete pharmacology resource for allied health professionals at every experience level, ESSENTIALS OF PHARMACOLOGY FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONS, 7th Edition also makes a great refresher and on-the-job reference.
- Author BiographyBruce Colbert is an Associate Professor and Director of the Allied Health Care Department at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown. The author of 10 traditional books, he also developed an interactive worktext and DVD program on student success. Focusing on such topics as stress and time management, he has presented more than 250 regional and national lectures and workshops devoted to professional skills, enhancing critical and creative thinking and effective decision-making. In addition, Mr. Colbert consults with educational programs to improve teaching effectiveness as well as presents active teaching workshops. Ruth Woodrow is a Medical Consultant for Education and Infection Control in the Health Services Department at Senior Friendship Centers, Inc. in Sarasota, Florida. She previously served as Director of Staff Development at Plymouth Harbor, Inc., and she also taught pharmacology at the Sarasota County Technical Institute. David M. Smith is President of Westcoast Pharmacy Consultants and the former Director of Pharmacy for Bons Secours-Venice Hospital and Health System. His articles have appeared in Pharmacy Times, Hospital Formulary, and the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.
- Author(s)Bruce J. Colbert,David M. Smith,Ruth Woodrow
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication14/04/2014
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1310 g
- Width217 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition StatementHybrid Edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.