All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionA practical manual on dealing with physical diseases that commonly affect psychiatric patients. As a psychiatrist, you may be the only medically qualified person caring for your patient. So what do you do when your patient with bipolar disorder also has poorly controlled asthma? Someone taking antipsychotic medication complains of chest pain - what action do you need to take? Your elderly patient with dementia shows signs of respiratory distress following a fall - do you manage this yourself, or arrange a transfer to the emergency department? People with a mental illness or intellectual disability are especially vulnerable to physical illness but may t have easy access to a primary care doctor. All psychiatrists must be able to deal with medical emergencies and mir injuries, interpret basic medical investigations and recognise where and when to get help from a general practitioner or ather specialist. Uniquely addressing this need, Essentials of Physical Health in Psychiatry is co-edited by a psychiatrist and a physician, and provides you with: * Basic information on common problems that may affect psychiatric patients. * Recommendations on regular medical review and disease screening. * Confidence to deal with common medical emergencies. * Advice on when to refer to a specialist.
- Author BiographyIrene Cormac - Honorary Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, Rampton Hospital, Retford, Notts. David Gray - Reader in Medicine and Honorary Consultant Physician/Cardiologist, University Hospital, Nottingham.
- PublisherRCPsych Publications
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRCPsych Publications
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1164 g
- Width190 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDavid Gray,Irene Cormac
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.