Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an excellent primer on the key concepts of psychometrics. ??i??Essentials of Psychological Testing??i?? surveys the basic principles of psychometrics, supplies the information needed to understand and evaluate tests, and introduces readers to the major contemporary reference works in the field. It is the only book to provide such a thorough and up-to-date overview of psychometrics in an engaging, accessible format. As part of the ??i??Essentials of Behavioral Science??i?? series, this book offers an overview of the most relevant psychometric concepts and techniques that provides the foundation necessary for kwledgeable, informed practice.Each concise chapter features numerous callout boxes highlighting key concepts, bulleted points, and extensive illustrative material, as well as ??i??Test Yourself??i??i??' questions that help to gauge and reinforce readers' grasp of the information covered. Starting with a basic introduction to psychological tests, their historical development, and their uses, ??i??Essentials of Psychological Testing??i?? also covers the statistical procedures most frequently used in testing, the frames of reference for score interpretation, reliability, validity, and test item considerations, as well as guidelines for test selection, administration, scoring, and reporting test results. Whether as an orientation for those new to the field, a refresher for those already acquainted with it, or as a reference for seasoned clinicians, ??i??Essentials of Psychological Testing??i?? is an invaluable resource on the fundamentals of this evolving area of practice.
- Author BiographySusana Urbina, PhD, is Professor of Psychology at the University of North Florida, Jacksonville. She is the coauthor of the seventh edition of Anne Anastasi's classic text Psychological Testing (Prentice Hall).
- Author(s)Susana Urbina
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication03/08/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleEssentials of Behavioral Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width141 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.