All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionGetting a qualitative article or book published involves more than simply doing the research, writing it up, and sending it off. You also need to kw how to navigate the social relations of presenting your work to the journal editor or book publisher-and how to craft your message to them-if you want to be successful. Written by a highly-respected publisher of qualitative research, this brief, practical resource shows you how to identify the right home for your work. It also guides you through the publications process-- from crafting the abstract to writing, production, and marketing--once you've found the best publisher. The author -demystifies what publishers and journal editors do, how they make their decisions on qualitative articles, research studies, and methods books;-discusses edited books, how to publish from your dissertation, and when to consider open access and electronic publications; and-includes case studies, appendixes, forms, and resources to help the aspiring academic.
- Author BiographyMitchell Allen is Publisher of Left Coast Press, Inc., an academic press that specializes in publishing qualitative research methods and studies. A veteran of 40 years in publishing, his prior positions included Executive Editor at Sage Publications-- where he created their qualitative research list-- and Publisher of AltaMira Press. He was responsible for developing the Handbook of Qualitative Research, several leading qualitative journals, and dozens of other well-known qualitative publications. He is coauthor of Getting Your Book Published (Sage) and two dozen articles on publishing. Allen offers regular workshops on qualitative writing and publishing. He was given lifetime achievement awards from the International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry and the Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction. Mitchell has a Ph.D. from UCLA and teaches in the sociology/anthropology department of Mills College in Oakland, California, USA.
- Author(s)Mitchell Allen
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleQualitative Essentials
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.