All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionImprove academic learning outcomes with accurate working memory assessment and evidence-based interventions Essentials of Working Memory Assessment and Intervention is an accessible, practical guide to accurately and efficiently assessing working memory. This comprehensive resource explains the theories of working memory, with an emphasis on cognitive load theory, and provides step-by-step guidelines for organizing a cross-battery assessment, selecting appropriate instruments, interpreting results, and formulating individualized interventions and educational programming. In-depth case studies illustrate typical profiles found in children and adolescents with working memory deficits, and the companion CD features worksheets, testing charts, and other useful resources. Reader-friendly design elements including Rapid Reference, Caution, and Don't Forget boxes, and practice questions, bullet points, and icons make this guide useful for both study and desk reference. Working memory deficits are the main reason why students with disabilities are unable to successfully respond to regular education interventions. Given the strong relationship between working memory and all areas of academic learning, a deeper understanding of working memory and the related assessments and interventions can facilitate greater achievement. This book helps readers: * Understand the development and neuroanatomy of working memory * Learn techniques for improving working memory in the classroom * Examine strategies for brain-based working memory training * Effectively utilize working memory assessment measures By examining the critical functions of working memory and its relationship with specific learning disabilities, then providing strategies for assessment and detailed intervention guidance, this book helps educatorsand professionals guide their students and clients toward improved cognitive functioning, , reduced frustration, and improved academic performance . For those seeking a practical approach to working memory, Essentials of Working Memory Assessment and Intervention provides the tools and information they need.
- Author BiographyMILTON J. DEHN, Ed.D., NCSP, is the cofounder and program director of Schoolhouse Tutoring(R) and a former practicing school psychologist, associate professor, and director of a graduate training program in school psychology. He is the author of Working Memory and Academic Learning, Long-Term Memory Problems in Children and Adolescents, and Essentials of Processing Assessment, Second Edition all from Wiley.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication09/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleEssentials of Psychological Assessment
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight406 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byMilton J. Dehn
- Series Edited byAlan S. Kaufman,Nadeen L. Kaufman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.