All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionWhile there are many excellent texts focused on clinical medical imaging, there are few books that approach in vivo imaging techlogies from the perspective of a scientist or physician-scientist using, or interested in using, these techniques in research. It is for these individuals that Essentials of In Vivo Biomedical Imaging is written. Featuring contributions from leading experts in the field, this authoritative reference text helps answer the following often-asked questions: Can imaging address my question? Which technique should I use? How does it work? What information does it provide? What are its strengths and limitations? What applications is it best suited for? How can I analyze the data? By explaining what each imaging techlogy can measure, describing major methods and approaches, and giving examples demonstrating the rich repertoire of modern biomedical imaging to address a wide range of morphological, functional, metabolic, and molecular parameters in a safe and ninvasive manner, Essentials of In Vivo Biomedical Imaging helps scientists and physician-scientists choose and utilize the appropriate in vivo imaging techlogies and methods for their research.
- Author BiographySimon R. Cherry is a distinguished professor in the Departments of Biomedical Engineering and Radiology, as well as director of the Center for Molecular and Genomic Imaging, at the University of California, Davis, USA. He earned a Ph.D in medical physics from the Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK. Dr. Cherry's research interests include radiotracer imaging, optical imaging, and hybrid multimodality imaging systems, focusing on the development of new technologies, instrumentation, and systems. Dr. Cherry has more than 25 years of experience in the field of biomedical imaging and has authored 200+ publications, including the textbook Physics in Nuclear Medicine. He is a fellow of the Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers, the Biomedical Engineering Society, and the Institute of Physics in Engineering and Medicine. Ramsey D. Badawi is an associate professor in the Departments of Radiology and Biomedical Engineering at the University of California, Davis, USA (UC Davis). He currently serves as chief of the Division of Nuclear Medicine and holds the molecular imaging endowed chair in the Department of Radiology. Dr. Badawi earned a bachelor's degree in physics and a master's degree in astronomy from the University of Sussex, UK. He earned a Ph.D in positron emission tomography (PET) physics from the University of London, UK. Prior to joining UC Davis, Dr. Badawi worked at St. Thomas' Hospital, London, UK; the University of Washington, Seattle, USA; and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA. His current research interests include PET and multimodality imaging instrumentation, image processing, and imaging in clinical trials. Jinyi Qi is a professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the University of California, Davis, USA (UC Davis). He earned a Ph.D in electrical engineering from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA. Prior to joining the faculty of UC Davis, he was a research scientist in the Department of Functional Imaging at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, California, USA. Dr. Qi is a fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, a fellow of the Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE), and an associate editor of IEEE Transactions of Medical Imaging. Dr. Qi's research interests include statistical image reconstruction, medical image processing, image quality evaluation, and imaging system optimization.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication12/05/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note147 colour illustrations, 8 colour tables
- Weight884 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJinyi Qi,Ramsey D. Badawi,Simon R. Cherry
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.