All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionA rolling calf is a ghost that often appears in the form of an animal. Most people who had close encounters reported that they first heard or detected the rolling calves by their loud chiming and rather unnerving clanking ise. This familiar sound was made by the long chain that they dragged along behind them. They have large red eyes like a dragon's. Some even said that they could breathe fire through their mouths. Some said that the rolling calves were the spirits of evil butchers who had been cruel and mean when they were alive. The best way, they said, to get away from these monstrous beasts was to drop various things on the ground. This storybook was written in an exciting island-style manner. It is about Essie's kids on the island of Jamaica and their fourth scary and unusual encounter with a rolling calf. This is number four of a five part series. It is targeted for children ages six and upwards. Clarion Review JUVENILE FICTION Mystery stories for kids have changed dramatically in the last few decades. Characters like Encyclopedia Brown and The Boxcar Children have been replaced by wizards, vampires, werewolves, and zombies. Incent sleuthing of creepy houses has been replaced by elaborate battles with powerful supernatural figures. That's what makes a ghost series like Essie's Kids & The Rolling Calf stand apart from other children's series. Husband and wife authors Luke Brown and Berthalicia Fonseca-Brown have created a collection of books that lets kids be ... well ... kids facing ghostly circumstances. Katerie Prior. Excerpt: The big duel was about to begin. The screaming of the crowd came to a sudden halt. The whole arena was quiet. Karl looked up towards the crowd one last time. He glimpsed his family standing in the best sitting area. He could feel his heart pounding as he thought to himself, I have to make my family proud. This was his big opportunity to prove to Essie that he was a special kid. Get set, the referee said. The two finalist of the two hundred meter race raised their backs up in the air while still pressing their hands down on the ground. They were w in a 'get-set' position waiting for the word 'go.
- Author BiographySee www.EssiesKids.com, www.EssiesKids.com/scary4, www.EssiesKids.com/teens or www.TheNon-SilenceoftheLAMB.com for more information about the authors and the rolling calves' series.
- Author(s)Dr Luke a M Brown,Mrs Berthalicia Fonseca Brown
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.