Estancias/ Ranches: The Great Houses and Ranches of Argentina by Jean-Louis Larviere, Maria Saenz Quesada (Hardback, 1993)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $139.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $38.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by editionsbooks12
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the rocky terrain in the North through the fertile pampa of the central provinces, all the way to the mountaius West and cold, desolate provinces of the South, the estancias of Argentina produced the high-quality meat and grain that gave the country one of the world's most powerful ecomies at the turn of the century. Built in a diversity of architectural styles, from Spanish farm-house to Edwardian country home, the residences of the estancieros are a fascinating hybrid of European and Argentine cultural traditions. In an illuminating text, historian Maria Saenz Quesada explores the cultural and social history of Argentina and provides captivating commentary about the families who built or occupy the estancias. She also examines the distinctive style of these country estates, their interiors, and gardens. Illustrated with exquisite color and vintage photographs, this opulently designed volume captures the rugged, romantic flavor of the good life on the Argentina pampa.
- Author BiographyMaria Sanez Quesada, a historian and university professor, has written several books on Argentine history and sociology.
- Author(s)Jean-Louis Larviere,Maria Saenz Quesada
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication19/07/1993
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note210 illustrations, 200 in full color
- Weight1765 g
- Width259 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Photographs byXavier A. Verstraeten
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.