All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe cuisine of Estonia, the rthernmost of the Baltic nations, is little kwn outside the country s borders. Simple and satisfying, the cuisine is based on such staples as potatoes, pork, preserved fish, and dark bread. Sauces are made from milk, sour cream, or cottage cheese and the main flavorings are salt and pepper, onions, and fresh herbs. Estonians still observe the old culinary traditions. Christmas Eve (Joululaupaev) is still celebrated with roast pork (seapraad), blood sausage (verivorstid), sweetbreads (magussaiad), and gingersnap cookies (piparkoogid). Visitors are welcomed with a coffee table (kohvilaud) of open face sandwiches (voileivad), filled turvers (pirukad), and sweets such as cheese Danish (mulgikorp) and cakes (koogid). This comprehensive book contains more than 150 traditional and modern recipes, all designed for the modern kitchen with readily available ingredients. Additionally, extensive historical and cultural information and an Estonian-English/English-Estonian glossary of culinary terms are included.
- Author BiographyKarin Annus Karner is a first-generation Estonian American and a resident of New York where she works as a business television producer and teaches music at the New York Estonian School. She is also a board member of the Estonian-American National Congress (Rahvuskomitee), a member of the New York Estonian Theater group, an organiser of the worldwide ESTO '92 festival in New York City, and Miss USA in the Miss ESTO '84 pageant.
- Author(s)Karin Annus Karner
- PublisherHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.