All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of poems by Wales' most famous poet-priest, R S Thomas, is interspersed with short reflections and questions for exploration that connect the timeless poetry to the landscape that inspired it. Originally produced locally for visitors to the North Wales village and church where R S Thomas was the parish priest, its appeal extends to all who kw and love the raw honesty and sparse, striking style of the poetry, and whose own faith and questions are mirrored in it. Aberdaron still welcomes streams of visitors, R S Thomas aficionados and pilgrims en route to the nearby holy island of Bardsey. This book brings the poetry alive in a fresh way and provides a pilgrim guide to the locality, along with reflections that enable armchair readers everywhere to enter more deeply into the world of the poems. All royalties will continue to go to maintaining the church at Aberdaron.
- Author BiographyJim Cotter was an Anglican priest, retreat leader and one of the most creative liturgists of our day. He was previously a lecturer at Lincoln Theological College and Chaplain of Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge. For 25 years he successfully ran Cairns Publications. Until shortly before his death in 2014 he lived in R S Thomas' former parish in North Wales.
- PublisherCanterbury Press Norwich
- Date of Publication28/08/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCanterbury Press Norwich
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white), 1 map (black and white)
- Weight200 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byJim Cotter
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.