All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.69
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $47.88
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.60
About this product
- DescriptionIs it ethical to treat a death row inmate only to stabilize him or her for eventual execution? What happens when a military provider receives highly sensitive intelligence from a client? How can clinicians refuse costly gifts from clients without damaging the therapeutic relationship? Should a therapist disclose a client's suicidal intent to the authorities? In Ethical Conundrums, Quandaries and Predicaments in Mental Health Practice, these and other real-life scenarios constitute a comprehensive and definitive ethics casebook for mental health professionals. Inspired by the many difficult situations they themselves have faced, an eminent group of accomplished mental health clinicians provide first-hand accounts of ethical problems that defy boilerplate solutions. Each chapter begins with a compelling and ethically complex case followed by an illustrative yet succinct analysis of the key ethical issues present and a personal reflection on the case itself, along with the process of ethical reasoning used to arrive at a final decision. Every case concludes with key recommendations for promoting ethical practice within an often challenging work setting. Highlighting the human aspect of ethics in mental health practice through the use of mesmerizing narratives while also provoking the reader to reflect upon what is the right thing to do, Ethical Conundrums, Quandaries and Predicaments in Mental Health Practice offers trainees and seasoned professionals alike invaluable informative models for dealing with ethical dilemmas, as well as the inspiration to confront seemingly insurmountable clinical problems.
- Author BiographyW. Brad Johnson is Professor of Psychology at the United States Naval Academy and Faculty Associate in the Graduate School of Education at Johns Hopkins University. As a past chair of the American Psychological Association's Ethics Committee and a former Director of Research for George Fox University's Graduate School of Clinical Psychology, Johnson is a leading authority on ethical practice in clinical psychology, having authored many publications including 10 books in the area of mental health and counseling. Gerald P. Koocher is Associate Provost and Professor of Psychology at Simmons College and a Senior Lecturer at Harvard Medical School.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight634 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byGerald P. Koocher,W. Brad Johnson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.