All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEthical English addresses the 'ethos' of English teaching and draws attention to its 'spirit' and fundamental character, identifying the features that English teaching must exhibit if it is to continue to sustain us morally as a liberal art and to provide the learners of increasingly plural societies with a broad ethical education. Mark A. Pike provides practical examples from the classroom, including assessment and teaching, knitting these with an ethical critique of practice, stimulating readers to engage in critical reflection concerning the teaching of English. This book t only shows readers how to teach English but also helps them to critically evaluate the ethics of the practice of English teaching.
- Author BiographyMark A. Pike is Professor of Education and Head of the School of Education at the University of Leeds, UK. He is the author of Teaching Secondary English (2004) and, with J. Mark Halstead, of Citizenship and Moral Education (2006).
- Author(s)Mark A. Pike
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight393 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.