All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo avoid unfair and abusive practice in social care, policy makers and professionals need to examine the body of values, rules and methods which guide their work, and to move towards a more sophisticated participatory approach to social responsibility. Presenting the stories of individuals from all levels of the social and legal systems, including service users, judges, therapists, psychiatrists, social workers, social policy academics and parents, Ethical Practice and the Abuse of Power in Social Responsibility represents and unites academic, professional and personal perspectives. Topics covered include: * accountability and confidentiality * system abuse in psychiatric medicine, child protection and child care work * community poverty action * children's rights in statutory agency decision making * the use of information techlogy in family law disputes. The book contains background material, a review of current research, case studies and useful addresses, and lays guidelines for future policy. It is essential reading for social care academics, policy makers and professionals seeking to refine their practice to understand the invisible and prejudicial structures and processes which govern their work.
- Author BiographyHelen Payne PhD is Principal Lecturer in Health and Social Care at the University of Hertfordshire and visiting professor at the University of Derby. She is an accredited group and individual psychotherapist and has published several books and numerous articles in this field. Brian Littlechild is Principle Lecturer and Director of Studies at the University of Hertfordshire. He has worked as a team leader in social services departments, and has published several books in this area including Dealing with Aggression and The Police and the Criminal Evidence Act 1984.
- Author(s)Helen Payne
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byBrian Littlechild,Helen Payne,Jacki Pritchard
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.