Ethical Reasoning for Mental Health Professionals by Gary George Ford (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $168.06+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis core textbook t only provides ethical and legal issues, along with representative case studies, it also-and more importantly-helps students to develop their own framework for ethical reasoning. The author surveys various methods of ethical reasoning and then helps students to apply ethical principles to vel professional circumstances. Features & Benefits: - Survey of major principles and methods of ethical reasoning; - Invative framework to support individual ethical reasoning and decision making; - A comprehensive presentation of ethical issues pertaining to therapy, assessment, industrial/organizational work, teaching, and research; - A cutting edge chapter on ethics and the use of techlogy in clinical practice; - Numerous case situations to exemplify ethical dilemmas and ethical responses; - Inclusion of ethical codes pertaining to both counseling and psychotherapy.
- Author BiographyGary G. Ford, Ph.D., is a professor in the Department of Psychology at Stephen F. Austin State University. He teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses, such as professional ethics, theories of personality, personality assessment, history and systems of psychology, human consciousness, existential psychology, and psychopathology. He is also actively involved in providing practicum supervision in the clinical psychology graduate program. Among the areas he has published in previously are professional ethics, substance abuse, psychological defense, existential psychology, and sports psychology. He served on the Editorial Board of Journal of Research in Personality for six years. Dr. Ford received his Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Fordham University, Bronx, New York, and his M.A. in philosophy from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. His interdisciplinary academic background in philosophy and psychology has provided him with a unique perspective on the complex task of developing an ethics book for mental health professionals that will enable them to reason effectively when confronted with the ethical conflicts that invariably arise in their professional practice. He has been a licensed clinical psychologist for nearly 20 years and has been affiliated with Veterans Administration Medical Centers and worked in private practice. He has served on IRBs and ethics committees in both hospital and university settings. He has administered psychology licensing examinations as an Oral Examiner for the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists and conducted continuing education workshops in professional ethics.
- Author(s)Gary George Ford
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication09/03/2006
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight835 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.