All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.40Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis key collection brings together a selection of papers commissioned and published by the Cardiff Centre for Ethics, Law & Society. It incorporates contributions from a group of international experts along with a selection of short opinion pieces written in response to specific ethical issues. The collection addresses issues arising in biomedical and medical ethics ranging from assisted reproductive techlogies to the role of clinical ethics committees. It examines broader societal issues with particular emphasis on sustainability and the environment and also focuses on issues of human rights in current global contexts. The contributors collect responses to issues arising from high profile cases such as the legitimacy of war in Iraq to physician-related suicide. The volume will provide a valuable resource for practitioners and academics with an interest in ethics across a range of disciplines.
- Author BiographyDr Jennifer Gunning is Senior Research Fellow and Coordinator of the Cardiff Centre for Ethics, Law and Society, University of Wales. She was the Coordinator of the EC BiomedII Project, Therapeutic Research in Assisted Conception and was a member of the Human Embryo and Fetus Working Group of the European Commission. Soren Holm is Chair of Bioethics at Cardiff University and Director of the Cardiff Centre for Ethics, Law and Society. Both have published widely on issues relating to bioethics.
- Author(s)Anthony Wrigley,Professor Soren Holm
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2010
- Series TitleEthics, Law and Society
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 2 b&w illustrations
- Weight824 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDr. Jennifer Gunning,Nicky Priaulx
- Series Edited byMr. Ian Kenway
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.