Ethics and Management in the Public Sector by Julie Rayner, Karin Lasthuizen, Alan Lawton (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.41Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.65Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrappling with ethical issues is a daily challenge for those working in organizations that deliver public services. Such services are delivered through an often bewildering range of agencies and amidst this constant change, there are fears that a public service ethos, a tradition of working in the public interest, becomes blurred. Using extensive vignettes and case studies, Ethics and Management in the Public Sector illuminates the practical decisions made by public officials. The book takes a universal approach to ethics reflecting the world-wide impact of public service reforms and also includes discussions on how these reforms impact traditional vales and principles of public services. This easy-to-use textbook is a definitive guide for postgraduate students of public sector ethics, as well as students of public management and administration more generally.
- Author BiographyProfessor Alan Lawton is Deputy Head of the School of Business and Economics at Monash University, Australia. Prior to joining Monash in 2011 he held professorial appointments at the universities of Hull and Teesside in the UK and VU University in Amsterdam. He has written extensively on public sector ethics in journals such as Journal of Business Ethics, Public Administration Review, Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory , Public Integrity and Public Money & Management Dr Karin Lasthuizen is Associate Professor in Governance Studies and senior member of the research group Quality of Governance at the Department of Governance Studies at the VU University in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. She has recently published in the Public Management Review, Public Administration, Sociological Methods and Research and International Journal of Leadership Dr Julie Rayner is Lecturer in the School of Business and Economics at Monash University, Australia. Prior to joining Monash Julie taught at Durham University, UK and also worked with The Open University Business School. Her research interests are in public sector organizations and she has recently published in the Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, Journal of Business Ethics and the International Journal of Human Resource Management
- Author(s)Alan Lawton,Julie Rayner,Karin Lasthuizen
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Masters in Public Management
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables, 4 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.83Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.