All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, the negative findings of numerous high-profile reports have shaken the public's trust in health and social care services. Nurses, educators and policy-makers have been challenged to understand and agree on what needs to be done to prevent a continuation of the kind of unethical practices uncovered by these reports. Consequently, ethics is w an even more integral part of the professional nursing curriculum.This comprehensive and thought-provoking second edition of Ethics and Nursing Practice offers both an essential introduction to key aspects of nursing ethics, including the role of professional codes of conduct and challenges to be encountered in the 21st century, and an in-depth exploration of ethical issues in relation to specific patient groups, such as the unborn, those with mental health difficulties, and the dying. In addition, the book provides a stimulating discussion of ethics relating to public health issues, such as smoking and obesity, as well as the fundamental matter of ethics in nursing research. Illustrated by a wealth of case studies and written by authors from a range of academic and practice backgrounds, this fully updated new edition of Ethics and Nursing Practice is a must-read for students and practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyRUTH CHADWICK is Professor of Bioethics at the University of Manchester. Her current research interests include ethics and new technologies. ANN GALLAGHER is Professor of Ethics and Care at the International Care Ethics Observatory, University of Surrey, UK. Ann has extensive experience as a nurse, ethicist, educator, researcher & editor of the international journal Nursing Ethics. Her current research and scholarship relates to ethics education in residential care, dignity and compassion in care, slow ethics, professional regulation and professionalism.
- Author(s)Ann Gallagher,Professor Ruth Chadwick
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/06/2016
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note232 p.
- Weight346 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2016
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.