All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionPublished earlier in 2011, this book w appears in its second updated and enlarged edition. Mahatma Gandhi holds an eminent position in the history of ethics and its application to contemporary concerns. This book brings together in one harmonious whole three systems of thoughts on ethics- Indian, Western and Gandhian. It shows how Gandhi, drawing from the other two traditions, made a creative contribution of his own in making ethics richer and more relevant than ever before. Nadkarni explores both the theoretical as well as applied ethical issues. In the context of modern ethical enquiries on religion, social justice, eqity, harmony between faiths, humanism and environmental concerns, he analyses in detail contemporary delimma posed by ecomic growth, business ethics, gender justice, and specific policy issues like preferential treatment of socially disadvantaged groups, capital punishment, and abortion. Nadkarni stresses the need for a holistic approach to resolve moral questions in everyday life. Written in a lucid style with an Indian ethos, the book nevertheless has a universal appeal.
- Author BiographyMV Nadkarni is Honorary Visiting Professor at the Institue for Social and Economic Change, Bengaluru. He is also former Vice Chancellor, Gulbarga University, Karnataka, and former ICSSR National Fellow.
- Author(s)M. V. Nadkarni
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication24/07/2014
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight328 g
- Width141 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.