All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionEthics in Applied Linguistics Research explores how ethical issues are negotiated in different areas of language research, illustrating for graduate students in applied linguistics the ethical dilemmas they might encounter in the research methodology classroom and how they might be addressed. This volume serves to demystify the complex ethical decision-making process by its accounts of rewned researchers' ethical practices as they transpired on the ground and how they negotiated externally imposed research codes. The collection investigates and records the research practices of prominent international applied linguists from a wide variety of subdisciplines, including discourse analysis, educational linguistics, heritage and mirity education, language planning and policy, language and techlogy, literacy, second language acquisition, second and foreign language pedagogy, and sociolinguistics. By problematizing research practices that draw on a range of methodologies, Ethics in Applied Linguistics Research puts front and center the urgency to prepare the next generation of applied linguists with the tools and kwledge necessary to conduct ethical research in an increasingly globalized and networked world.
- Author BiographyPeter I. De Costa is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Linguistics and Languages at Michigan State University. His primary area of research is the role of identity and ideology in second language acquisition (SLA) and English as a lingua franca. His publications appear in such academic journals as Language Learning, Language Policy, Language Teaching, Research in the Teaching of English, and TESOL Quarterly.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/10/2015
- Series TitleSecond Language Acquisition Research Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight346 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byPeter I. De Costa
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.