All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook raises thought-provoking questions regarding our rapidly-evolving computing techlogies, highlighting the need for a strong ethical framework in our computer science education. Ethics in Computing offers a concise introduction to this topic, distilled from the more expansive Ethical and Social Issues in the Information Age. Features: introduces the philosophical framework for analyzing computer ethics; describes the impact of computer techlogy on issues of security, privacy and anymity; examines intellectual property rights in the context of computing; discusses such issues as the digital divide, employee monitoring in the workplace, and health risks; reviews the history of computer crimes and the threat of cyberbullying; provides coverage of the ethics of AI, virtualization techlogies, virtual reality, and the Internet; considers the social, moral and ethical challenges arising from social networks and mobile communication techlogies; includes discussion questions and exercises.
- Author BiographyDr. Joseph Migga Kizza is Professor and Head of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering in the College of Engineering and Computer Science, and former Director of the Center for Information Security and Assurance, at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, USA. He is also the author of the successful Springer title Guide to Computer Network Security, now into its third edition.
- Author(s)Joseph Migga Kizza
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- SubjectComputing: General
- Series TitleUndergraduate Topics in Computer Science
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note12 black & white illustrations, 5 colour illustrations, 6 black & white tables, biography
- Weight450 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.