Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the politics of identity by analysing the intersections between ethnicity, gender and nationalism in developing societies. These markers of identity are t understood as constituting essences, but as springing from people's core experiences, yearnings and strategic life plans in a context where resources are scarce. As such, identities may be, and are, contested. The intersections are traced across three areas: social and cultural reproduction; ideologies, stereotypes and practices; and nationalist politics and discourse which has tended to remove women from the public arena and construct an ideal of women's domesticity.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/1995
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrank Cass Publishers
- Weight210 g
- Width154 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byBodil Folke Frederiksen,Fiona Wilson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.