Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionEthnicity and religious confession are concepts around which discussion and controversy arise, generating emotions and feelings of extreme intensity. Each of us belongs to such a community. By default, there is pressure on us to be subjective. Intercultural dialogue can be successfully provided where a community that is aware of the Other comes to communicate, cooperate and build the structure of a multicultural society. Diversity throughout Central and South-Eastern Europe can lead to either cooperation or conflict. Presently, we face discrimination, marginalization, low-status mirities, peripheral societies and the inequitable distribution of resources that leads to unequal distribution of authority and power.
- Author BiographyMircea Brie, Associate Professor of International Relations and European Studies at the University of Oradea, Romania, has conducted extensive research within the fields of International Relations, minorities issues, intercultural dialogue and European demography. He has authored five books, has edited seven other collective volumes, and has published more than 60 articles and studies. Ioan Horga, Professor of International Relations and European Studies at the University of Oradea, Romania, is the Director of the Institute for Euroregional Studies and editor-in-chief of Eurolimes Journal. His area of interest circumscribes borders and frontiers, the process of European construction and integration and the theory of international relations. The author of seven books and editor of 11 others, he has published over 70 articles and studies. Sorin Sipos is Professor of History at the University of Oradea, Romania, and is a specialist in Eastern and Central European space with a particular focus on Romanian space. His research interests include history, interculturality, and political power. He is the author and co-author of 12 books and over 90 studies.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight798 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byIoan Horga,Mircea Brie,Sorin Sipos
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.