Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionEtymology of Japanese kanji - in depth analysis of selected characters is a book aimed at linguists, Chinese and Japanese language teachers, researchers and students, or anyone who is interested in the etymology and evolution of Chinese writing. The entire book is based exclusively on research of Japanese and Chinese literature, and my 14 years of studies of Chinese and Japanese calligraphy here in Tokyo. The book contains analysis of 50 selected characters, ca. 400 illustrations, which are actual historical forms of characters found in Chinese and Japanese classics between 1600 B.C.E and 19th century C.E. Kwledge on Far Eastern calligraphy is passed from the Master to his disciples, and the number of both is decreasing. I wholeheartedly hope that this book will help to preserve at least a small part of this wonderful tradition, and so it will t be lost or forgotten.
- Author(s)Ponte Ryuurui
- Date of Publication25/09/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMorrisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight325 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.