All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionEukaryotic Microbes presents chapters hand-selected by the editor of the Encyclopedia of Microbiology , updated whenever possible by their original authors to include key developments made since their initial publication. The book provides an overview of the main groups of eukaryotic microbes and presents classic and cutting-edge research on content relating to fungi and protists, including chapters on yeasts, algal blooms, lichens, and intestinal protozoa. This concise and affordable book is an essential reference for students and researchers in microbiology, mycology, immulogy, environmental sciences, and biotechlogy. This book is written by recognized authorities in the field. It includes all major groups of eukaryotic microbes, including protists, fungi, and microalgae. It covers material pertinent to a wide range of students, researchers, and technicians in the field.
- Author BiographyDr. Schaechter is a Distinguished Professor, Emeritus at Tufts University, where he served as chairman of the Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology from 1970 to 1993. He has worked on bacterial growth physiology and the relationship of the chromosome and the bacterial cell membrane. He has authored ten treatises and textbooks, most in collaboration with others, plus a book for the general public, In the Company of Mushrooms. He has served as President of the American Society for Microbiology. Currently, he is Adjunct Professor Emeritus, Biology Department, at San Diego State University and Visiting Scholar at the University of California, San Diego.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication29/09/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1565 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byMoselio Schaechter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.