All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the oldest and most secret magical arts of the ancient world, Euphonics is the study of the natural meanings of sounds in words and language. First discussed over 2,000 years ago in Plato's Cratylus, it has long been used by sorcerers worldwide to weave their sonic spells. Learn about the deadly effects of 'D', the ghastly glint of 'G', the jolly jangle of 'J', the binary bulge of 'B' and seductive slippery 'S'. This deceptively simple book, by leading wizard John Michell, and illustrated by Fleet Street cartoonist Merrily Harpur, is the best manual an apprentice could wish for in casting these powerful spells.WOODEN BOOKS are small but packed with information. Fascinating FINANCIAL TIMES. Beautiful LONDON REVIEW OF BOOKS. Rich and Artful THE LANCET. Genuinely mind-expanding FORTEAN TIMES. Excellent NEW SCIENTIST. Stunning NEW YORK TIMES. Small books, big ideas.
- Author BiographyJohn Michell is famous author of many books on ancient philosophy including The View Over Atlantis and Who Wrote Shakepeare? A columnist for The Spectator, The Oldie and The Daily Mirror, he is currently writing a book on the qualities of number.
- Author(s)John Michell
- PublisherWooden Books
- Date of Publication15/02/2006
- Place of PublicationPowys
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWooden Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width125 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Interest Age14-99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.