All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArchimedes of Syracuse (287-212 BC) was a mathematician of the highest order in Ancient Greece along with being a philosopher, an engineer, an inventor, a physicist, and a geometrist. He was favoured by the king of Syracuse, and this is little wonder since Archimedes solved many engineering problems for the king. Archimedes for example, figured out a way to get the water out of a hull in one of the King's ships using a machine he invented. This ingenious musical in one act presents highlights of the life and death of this master of maths and science. The strong script, lyrics, and glorious music make this a grand offering for students from Classes 5 to 12. Opportunities for orchestra, chorus, actors, set and costume design -- and making Archimedes's laws of maths and physics memorable -- abound in this masterpiece of a manageable play.
- Author BiographyJohn Trevillion has written many class plays during his more than 30 years a Waldorf class teacher. His first musical, Music of the Spheres, written in collaboration with Merwin Lewis, was first performed at the Detroit Waldorf School, and has subsequently been performed in schools on four continents. Eureka! emerged from a joyful partnership with then Chicago Waldorf School colleague and friend, Jeff Spade. He is currently working on his new play, The Chemical History of Michael Faraday. Jeff Spade has worked in Waldorf education for over 25 years, having been the music director at the Kimberton Waldorf School, the Chicago Waldorf School, and the Rudolf Steiner School in New York City, as well as an instructor at teacher training institutes, including Antioch University New England, the Center for Anthroposophy, Arcturus Rudolf Steiner Education Program, and the Rudolf Steiner Institute. Although having written many 'little ditties' for class plays in his career, Eureka! represents his first foray into a full-scale musical.
- Author(s)John Trevillion
- PublisherAWSNA Publications
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Place of PublicationBoulder
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAWSNA Publications
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.