All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an in depth analysis of the challenging relationship between Europe and Islam. The general chapters on secularism, security, identity and solidarity show the challenge of promoting a stable multi-cultural society. In depth analysis of France, Germany, Britain, the Netherlands, and Italy reveal the extent to which this challenge of stable multiculturalism differs from one country to the next. The argument that emerges is t that Europe and Islam are incompatible. Rather it is that reconciling the tensions that arise from the mixing of different cultures will require ermous patience, understanding, and investment. The contributors represent some of the leading voices in debates about European politics - and t just those focusing narrowly on the question of Islam. Hence this volume offers both a gateway to understanding the special relationship between Europe and the Muslim world and a means of tying that understanding to the future of European integration. This book was previously published as a special issue of The International Spectator.
- Author BiographyErik Jones is Professor of European Studies and International Political Economy at the School of Advanced International Studies of the Johns Hopkins University. He is also Senior Research Fellow at Nuffield College, Oxford. Saskia van Genugten is the author of Libya in Western Foreign Policies (2016). She has a PhD degree in European Studies from SAIS Johns Hopkins University and currently works as a UAE-based researcher.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight385 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byErik Jones,Saskia van Genugten
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.