All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionThe NATO Alliance deterred Soviet aggression towards Western Europe by maintaining a large ground force of several corps supported by numerous air armadas. Success lay partly on vigilance and partly on the large heavy mechanized and armored divisions, which were suited for intensive combat in Central Europe. That era has passed, unlikely to be replicated again. To its credit, the Alliance recognized this change and began adapting almost immediately. In this mograph, Dr. Andrew Dorman briefly examines the European response to the changing security environment and the opportunities presented by the European Security and Defense Policy Expeditionary Force. As he correctly observes, the establishment of a European expeditionary force will be easy matter, will require substantial investment, and will take years to complete. However, it is the right course for Europe to take. The European Union (EU) cant manage emerging security issues using Cold War legacy forces because they are too ponderous to deploy.
- Author(s)Andrew Dorman,Strategic Studies Institute
- Date of Publication09/07/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMorrisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight121 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine2 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.