All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionRecent failures and rescues of large banks have resulted in colossal costs to society. In wake of such turmoil a new banking union must enable better supervision, pre-emptive coordinated action and taxpayer protection. While these aims are meritorious they will be difficult to achieve. This book explores the potential of a new banking union in Europe. This book brings together leading experts to analyse the challenges of banking in the European Union. While t all contributors agree, the constructive criticism provided in this book will help ensure that a new banking union will mature into a stable yet vibrant financial system that encourages the growth of ecomic activity and the efficient allocation of resources. This book will be of use to researchers interested in Banking, Monetary Ecomics and the European Union.
- Author BiographyJuan E. Castaneda is lecturer in economics, University of Buckingham and deputy director, Institute of International Monetary Research, UK. David G. Mayes is professor of banking and financial institutions, chairman, Europe Institute and director, NZ Governance Centre, University of Auckland, New Zealand. Geoffrey Wood is emeritus professor, University of Buckingham and Cass Business School,UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge International Studies in Money and Banking
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 21 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid G. Mayes,Geoffrey E. Wood,Juan E. Castaneda
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.