All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first comprehensive comparative treatment of condominium (apartment ownership, commonhold, horizontal property) law in 21 European jurisdictions. This book explores the genesis of condominium law in Europe and in each of the jurisdictions represented and the use made of the condominium format to structure residential, commercial, industrial and tourist condominiums. It examines the establishment of condominiums, basic condominium concepts and the role by-laws play in establishing harmony in a condominium. Included are ten case studies, which illustrate a variety of factual scenarios and focus on providing legal solutions to practical cases. The scenarios include, amongst others, the legal consequences of a sale of apartments from building plans; restrictions on the sale and letting of apartments; the keeping of pets and the conduct of a profession (such as a medical practice) in an apartment; the sanctions against defaulters of contributions; and the requirements for undertaking maintenance and improvements.
- Author BiographyCornelius Van Der Merwe is a Senior Research Fellow at the University of Stellenbosch and Professor Emeritus of Civil Law of the University of Aberdeen. He is considered a world authority on condominium law and has written extensively on strata title schemes and the law of property in national and international law journals.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Series TitleThe Common Core of European Private Law
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1080 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byCornelius Van der Merwe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.