Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.96Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionSince the early Middle Ages, the royal families of Europe have rewarded loyal service with a wide range of Orders of Knighthood and Chivalry. Although many ancient Orders have fallen into disuse over time, many European states continue to award Orders for distinguished service and the exquisite badges and decorative objects are studied and collected widely. Expert medal collector Peter Duckers describes the range of European Orders conferred before 1945, some of which stretch back hundreds of years. A brief introduction to a fascinating subject, this is an ideal reference book for anyone interested in collecting these rare and valuable objects.
- Author BiographyPeter Duckers has been a collector of British campaign and gallantry medals for thirty-five years and now specializes in awards to the Indian Army. He has written numerous magazine and journal articles about medals and is a Fellow of the Royal Numismatic Society, a member of the Orders and Medals Research Society and the Indian Military Historical Society. He is curator of the Shropshire Regimental Museum in Shrewsbury Castle.
- Author(s)Peter Duckers
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/05/2008
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 463
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.