All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionEuropean Prehistory: A Survey traces humans from their earliest appearance on the continent to the Rise of the Roman Empire, drawing on archaeological research from all over Europe. It includes the Paleolithic, Mesolithic, Neolithic, Bronze and Iron Ages. Throughout these periods, the major developments are explored using a wide range of archaeological data that emphasizes aspects of agricultural practices, gender, mortuary practices, population genetics, ritual, settlement patterns, techlogy, trade, and warfare. Using new methods and theories, recent discoveries and arguments are presented and previous discoveries reevaluated. This work includes chapters on European geography and the chrology of European prehistory. A new chapter has been added on the historical development of European archaeology. The remaining chapters have been contributed by archaeologists specializing in different periods. The second edition of European Prehistory: A Survey is enhanced by a glossary, three indices and a comprehensive bibliography, as well as an extensive collection of maps, chrological tables and photographs.
- Author BiographySarunas Milisauskas is a professor in the Anthropology Department of the State University of New York, Buffalo.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/09/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleInterdisciplinary Contributions to Archaeology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1146 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited bySarunas Milisauskas
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.