All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionUsable both as a student textbook and as a general introduction for legal professionals, European Private International Law is designed to reflect the reality of legal practice throughout the EU. The private international law of the Member States is increasingly regulated by the EU, making private international law ever less 'national' and ever more EU based. Consequently, EU law in this area has penetrated national law to a very high degree, making it an essential area of study and an area of increasing importance to practising lawyers throughout the EU. This book provides a thorough overview of core European PIL, including the Brussels I, Rome I and Rome II Regulations (jurisdiction, applicable law for contracts and tort), while additional chapters deal with PIL and insolvency, freedom of establishment and corporate social responsibility.
- Author BiographyGeert Van Calster is Professor and Head of the Department of International and European Law at KU Leuven. He holds visiting positions at King's College London, Monash University and CESL, Beijing. As a member of the Brussels Bar he has an internationally-based commercial practice.
- Author(s)Geert van Calster
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/05/2012
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1899
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Out-of-print date01/10/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight668 g
- Width171 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.