All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionOver ten years after the beginning of the Community Registered Designs system of the European Union (EU), the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) and European courts continue to grapple with many of the new legal concepts introduced, making this a complex and fluctuating area of law. This new edition of the highly-respected English-language text offers a concise, accessible and highly readable volume covering the complete design law of the European Union. It offers a concise history of the legislation's development and aims, tracing the introduction of fundamental changes to the protection of industrial and ornamental designs throughout the EU. This is followed by a detailed and comprehensive examination of the interpretations provided by OHIM, the Court of Justice and General Court, and the Community Design Courts of EU Member States. The book quotes primary legal provisions in context, supported by extensive citation of case law from the Court of Justice, OHIM and many European jurisdictions. Chapters cover topics including the definition of terms, the system of courts and tribunals with jurisdiction for Community design disputes, overlap with other intellectual property rights, exclusions from protection, the right to the Community design, interpreting designs, disclosure, invalidity of prior design and velty arguments, the procedure of OHIM, infringement and applicable defences, jurisdictional issues, and the Design Directive. European Union Design Law: A Practitioners' Guide is an essential reference text for practitioners throughout the European Union and beyond.
- Author BiographyDavid Stone is a Partner at Allen & Overy, specialising in intellectual property matters, with particular expertise in trade marks, copyright and registered and unregistered designs.
- Author(s)David Stone
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectEU Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1421 g
- Width185 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.