All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionA quiet revolution has been occurring in post-World War II Europe. A world power has emerged across the Atlantic that is recrafting the rules for how a modern society should provide ecomic security, environmental sustainability, and global stability. In Europe's Promise , Steven Hill explains Europe's bold new vision. For a decade, Hill traveled widely to understand this uniquely European way of life. He shatters myths and shows how Europe's leadership manifests in five major areas: ecomic strength, with Europe w the world's wealthiest trading bloc, nearly as large as the U.S. and China combined; the best health care and other workfare supports for families and individuals; widespread use of renewable energy techlogies and conservation; the world's most advanced democracies; and, regional networks of trade, foreign aid, and investment that link one third of the world to the European Union. Europe's Promise masterfully conveys how Europe has taken the lead in this make-or-break century challenged by a worldwide ecomic crisis and global warming.
- Author BiographySteven Hill is Director of the Political Reform Program for the New America Foundation and author of 10 Steps to Repair American Democracy and other books on politics. His articles have appeared in the New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, Wall Street Journal, Salon.com, TheNation, International Herald Tribune, The Guardian, Prospect, and many other publications and websites.
- Author(s)Steven Hill
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication22/12/2009
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note1 table
- Weight503 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.