All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSketches of poetic and absolute power that are as extraordinary as their creators. This is the first-ever publication of the entirety of Eva & Adele's floral sketchbook. The drawings of flowers, which are uncompromising and executed in a small number of unfalteringly precise graphite lines, surprise the viewer with the radical aesthetics of their abstraction. Accompanied by a Gertrude Stein text, the unique sketches of flowers by Eva & Adele are reproduced in this book - lover's treasure trove in close adherence to the original artists' book. Based on photographs of the flowers in the artists' studio, they in turn are the basis of the highest level of the monumental palimpsest compositions of the group of works entitled Adsila. The lifelong performance of the always smiling, internationally successful artist - duo is one of the most radical pieces of contemporary art. Their work has already been exhibited in numerous solo shows from New York to Helsinki, and it has been acquired by the most important collections in the world, including the Tate Gallery in London and the Musee d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris.
- Author BiographyNicole Gnesa is an art historian and founder and owner of the Munich art gallery Nicole Gnesa.
- Author(s)Nicole Gnesa
- PublisherHirmer Verlag
- Date of Publication19/01/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHirmer Verlag
- Content Note64 illustrations
- Weight666 g
- Width190 mm
- Height130 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.16
- AU $43.34Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.66
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.