All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDAILY TELEGRAPH BOOKS OF THE YEAR and BBC HISTORY MAGAZINE BOOK CLUB title 'I want to be a beautiful corpse, I will take poison' Eva Braun, 1945 Eva Braun and Adolf Hitler were together for fourteen years, a relationship that ended only with their marriage and double suicide in Berlin. So who was Eva Braun? Heike Gortemaker's highly praised book is the first to take Braun's role in the Nazi hierarchy seriously. It uses her to throw fascinating light on a regime that prided itself on its harsh, coherent and unsentimental ideology, but which was in practice a chaos of competing individuals fighting for space around the overwhelmingly dominant figure of Hitler. 'Finally gives Braun her place in the dark history of the Third Reich' Wall Street Journal
- Author BiographyHeike Gortemaker is a German historian and author. She was born in 1964, and studied Economics and German literature. She is currently working on a project on the legacy of Hitler's inner circle in post-war Germany.
- Author(s)Heike B. Gortemaker
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight247 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Translated byDamion Searls
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.