All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionIn competitive and contested democratic elections, insuring integrity is critical. Evaluating Elections shows why systematic analysis and reporting of election performance is important and how data-driven performance management can be used by election officials to improve elections. The authors outline how performance management systems can function in elections and their benefits for voters, candidates and political parties. Journalists, election administrators and even candidates often ask whether recent elections were run well, whether there were problems in the administration of a particular state's elections and how well elections were run across the country. The authors explain that such questions are difficult to answer because of the complexity of election administration and because there is currently standard or accepted framework to assess the general quality of an election.
- Author BiographyR. Michael Alvarez is Professor of Political Science at the California Institute of Technology and Co-Director of the Caltech/MIT Voting Technology Project. Alvarez is a Fellow of the Political Methodology Society and is co-editor of the journal Political Analysis. He co-authored Electronic Elections: The Perils and Promise of Digital Democracy (with Thad E. Hall, 2010) and Point, Click, and Vote: The Future of Internet Voting (with Thad E. Hall, 2004). Lonna Rae Atkeson is Professor and Regents' Lecturer in the Political Science Department at the University of New Mexico and Director of the Center for the Study of Voting, Elections, and Democracy. Thad E. Hall is Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of Utah. He co-authored Electronic Elections: The Perils and Promise of Digital Democracy (with R. Michael Alvarez, 2010) and Point, Click, and Vote: The Future of Internet Voting (with R. Michael Alvarez, 2004).
- Author(s)Lonna Rae Atkeson,R. Michael Alvarez,Thad E. Hall
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/11/2012
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus.
- Weight250 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.