All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $50.95
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned to meet the growing demand for evaluation material, this volume fills a major gap in criminal justice literature. It details the first comprehensive, broad based, and theoretically grounded model for evaluating police management training programs. In a clear and concise style it develops a complete set of instruments for evaluation and then illustrates use of the model and the instruments on a specific program. Byron Simerson and William Markham have included all of the instruments needed to conduct a comprehensive evaluation and the instructions for their use. Alleviating the problem of haphazard evaluation, this volume was designed for police chiefs and training directors in larger jurisdictions, state criminal justice academies, the Training and Standards Divisions of State Departments of Justice, and state and federal law enforcement agencies. Administrators are w recognizing the importance of determining training program efficiency, particularly in light of the growing concerns over legal liability. Evaluating Police Management Development Programs provides the tools and expertise needed to conduct a comprehensive program evaluation. Chapters provide: an overview of existing literature, model description, research procedures, model application to a specific police executive development program, reaction by North Carolina police chiefs, and a description of how the model can be applied to any police management development program. Appendices provide all instruments including precourse surveys, observation evaluation forms, course critiques, follow up surveys and chiefs' evaluation surveys.
- Author BiographyBYRON K. SIMERSON is currently Director of Human Resources for Americas Deloitte Consulting. He is the author of numerous articles on criminal justice and management. WILLIAM T. MARKHAM is Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of North Carolina. He has written extensively in the fields of administration and research methods.
- Author(s)B. Keith Simerson,William T. Markham
- Date of Publication11/05/1990
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight351 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.