All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $30.74
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
About this product
- DescriptionGovernments across the world are pursuing reform in an effort to improve public services. But have these reforms actually led to improvements in services? Evaluating Public Management Reforms develops a framework for a theory-based evaluation of reforms, and then uses this framework to assess the impact of new arrangements for public service delivery in the UK. This book: identifies the conceptual and practical problems of finding clear criteria for evaluating reforms; focuses on the shifts in public management towards markets and competition, towards the publication of performance indicators, and from larger to smaller organizations; considers what impact these reforms have had on the efficiency, responsiveness and equity of services; comprehensively reviews the evidence on the effects of reform on health care, housing and education; and discusses the implications for public sector management.
- Author BiographyGeorge Boyne is Professor of Public Sector Management and Deputy Director (Research) at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University. Catherine Farrell is Principal Lecturer in Public Policy at the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Glamorgan. Jennifer Law is Principal Lecturer in Public Sector Management at the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Glamorgan. Martin Powell is Senior Lecturer in Social Policy at the Department of Social and Policy Sciences, University of Bath. Richard Walker is Senior Lecturer in Public Policy and Management at the Department of City and Regional Planning, Cardiff University.
- Author(s)Catherine Farrell,G. A. Boyne,George A. Boyne,Jennifer Law,Martin Powell,Richard Walker
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleManaging the Public Services
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight710 g
- Width61 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.