All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
About this product
- DescriptionIntelligent Transport Systems (ITS) use information and communications techlogies (ICT) to deliver transport improvements instead of extending physical infrastructure, thereby saving money and reducing environmental impact. This book provides an overview of ICT-based intelligent road transport systems with an emphasis on evaluation methods and recent evaluation results of ITS development and deployment. Topics covered include: ITS evaluation policy; frameworks and methods for ITS evaluation; ITS impact evaluation; the network perspective; field operational tests (FOTs); assessing transport measures using cost-benefit and multicriteria analysis; technical assessment of the performance of in-vehicle systems; opportunities and challenges in the era of new pervasive techlogy; evaluation of automated driving functions; user-related evaluation of ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) and automated driving; evaluation of traffic management; performance assessment of a wet weather pilot system; case studies from China; heavy vehicle overload control benefit and cost. With chapters from an international panel of leading experts, this book is essential reading for researchers and advanced students from academia, industry and government working in intelligent road transport systems.
- Author BiographyDr. Meng Lu is Vice President of IBEC (ITS Benefits Evaluation Community) and of the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Society (ITSS). Dr. Lu is active in two areas: ICT-based ITS and logistics; and has participated in many European transport initiatives and projects. Dr. Lu is on the Editorial Board of IET Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS).
- PublisherInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Date of Publication09/09/2016
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleTransportation
- Place of PublicationStevenage
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byMeng Lu
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.