All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
About this product
- DescriptionTHE GOAL SYSTEM version 2.2 is the latest in a lineage that includes Optimized Production Techlogy (OPT) and DISASTER. Earlier work with DISASTER revealed potential shortcomings with sequential schedule-building algorithms when multiple interactive constraints exist. Since THE GOAL SYSTEM version 2.2 has a capacity for simultaneous schedule-building, this study evaluated differences between the two algorithms. Using benchmark scheduling problems developed during the earlier evaluation of DISASTER, a set of THE GOAL SYSTEM solutions was created and compared quantitatively to both DISASTER solutions and solutions which optimally minimize maximum tardiness. A broad set of performance measurement criteria were also used to obtain a more comprehensive evaluation of the solutions. Performance of THE GOAL SYSTEM was quite good with respect to maximum tardiness. Performance with respect to average flowtime, percentage of tardy jobs, and total days late for a set of job orders was markedly poorer than the DISASTER solutions. The results were unexpected, since the simultaneous scheduling algorithm is less restricted in its options for schedule creation. The author concluded that the simultaneous feature of THE GOAL SYSTEM was better suited for conflict resolution during an iterative process than as a stand-alone scheduling algorithm.
- Author(s)Michael D Stephens
- Date of Publication19/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight150 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.