Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionHustlers gathers a photographic series taken by Los Angeles-based artist Eve Fowler (born 1964) on the streets of the West Village in New York and Santa Monica Boulevard in Los Angeles between 1993 and 1998. Drawing on her background in both journalism and photography, Fowler explores queerness and social otherness. Here, her untitled, intimate images lay bare the ambiguities of identity, class, sexuality and gender--all of which combine to lend the figure of the hustler a semi-dangerous allure, and the ambiguous attractions of the social outlaw. Stark and unencumbered by typical compositional elements or dramatic lighting, Fowler's subjects demand direct consideration, forcing the viewer to confront in a single face both masculine vulnerability and intrepidity. Accompanying this collection is an essay by Kevin Killian, an award-winning American poet, author and playwright well kwn for his contributions to LGBT literature.
- PublisherCapricious LLC
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- Place of PublicationBrooklyn
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCapricious LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographer(s)Eve Fowler
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.