All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
About this product
- DescriptionEve Kosofsky Sedgwick was one of the most significant literary theorists of the last forty years and a key figure in contemporary queer theory. In this engaging and inspiring guide, Jason Edwards: * introduces and explains key terms such as affects, the first person, homosocialities, and queer taxomies, performativities and cusps * considers Sedgwick's poetry and textile art alongside her theoretical texts * encourages a personal as well as an academic response to Sedgwick's work, suggesting how life-changing it can be * offers detailed suggestions for further reading Written in an accessible and direct style, Edwards indicates the impact that Sedgwick's work continues to have on writers, readers, and literary and cultural theory today.
- Author BiographyJason Edwards is a senior lecturer in the history of Victorian art at the University of York. He is the author of Alfred Gilbert's Aestheticism: Gilbert Amongst Whistler, Wilde, Leighton, Pater and Burne-Jones (2006) and the co-editor of Joseph Cornell: Opening the Box (2007).
- Author(s)Dr Jason Edwards
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2008
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Critical Thinkers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight226 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.