All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionSequel to the award-winning More Ketchup than Salsa: Confessions of a Tenerife Barman A must-read reality check for anybody who has ever pondered a move to sunnier climes. If the first six months of running the Smugglers Tavern had been a baptism of fire, the subsequent years were about as much fun as bobbing for apples in a vat of acid.Having swapped the tin roof of a cold British fish market for the sunny skies of a Spanish holiday island, Joe and Joy succeeded in thwarting the first wave of attacks from bungling bureaucrats, bewildered holidaymakers and their own spectacular ineptitude. What they didn't realise was that their enemies were regrouping. Not only that, but those enemies had made camp a lot closer to home, enemies that would make their encounters with the exploding gas bottles, East European squatters and big-time Charlies featured in the first book, More Ketchup than Salsa, seem like chapters from Enid Blyton.The trials and tribulations of attempting to make a better life abroad continue... with disastrous consequences.
- Author BiographyJoe Cawley is an award-winning author and travel writer published in many international newspapers and magazines. His first book, More Ketchup than Salsa, was voted 'Best Travel Narrative 2007' by the British Guild of Travel Writers. Joe lives in the hills of Tenerife, one of Spain's Canary Islands, with his family and an assortment of other wildlife.
- Author(s)Joe Cawley
- Date of Publication12/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.